Topic: VapourSynth - VSPipe.exe has stopped working

Hi Cu Selur, hope you are well.
I see you've been having the same issues as me running VapourSynth portable 64 with LibavSMASHSource, with some some files, they get a certain way through before VSPipe crashes.
I just had a batch of 'suspect' files, whihc kept crashing VSPipe, I just ran them all through Apple Compressor to create new Prores files, I then ran those through and VSPipe was fine.
I have posted the issues here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p … ost1755019
What are your thoughts / fixes?

Kind regards.

Re: VapourSynth - VSPipe.exe has stopped working

Don't think the issue is with using ffmpeg 32bit, Avisynth 32bit and Vapoursynth64bit, since you are piping raw y4m content to ffmpeg so no 32 vs 64 bit conflicts should arise.

My guess is that that the issue is with LibavSMASHSource (try LWLibavSource and FFMS2) or VSPipe itself.
Also minimize your call for issue-seaching to something where you just load the Vapoursynth content via pipe. (it should still crash, but potential helpers will not be scared away by the long ffmpeg call, where most of the call has nothing to do with the issue you have.

Cu Selur

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Are there any flags we could use with LibavSMASHSource (seek mode) or something which may help?
I'ts gonna kill me to use anything other than LibavSMASHSource because anything else will have to index (sit there doing nothing for 15 mins on an HD feature).
Thanks for the good advice about simplifying my question on doom9, i will sort that out.
Have you tried anything else to resolve this yet?

Kind regards.

Nope haven't had the time to play around with Vapoursynth enough smile