Topic: Suffix strings for output filename generation

First of all, thanks Selur for the wonderful piece of software, and making it free as well! I find the output quality nicer than Handbrake (not to mention some scenes encoded by Handbrake give me some moiré problems).

I have a question regarding suffix strings configuration -- is it possible to add "conditional" suffix in the suffix path? e.g. %quality %bitrate or %resolution so that the correct parameters will be added to my output filenames automatically.

Re: Suffix strings for output filename generation

No, atm. that isn't possible. (side note: the report file option might be interessting)

Not sure if implementing such a thing is worth the amount of work that is needed to implement this. Hybrid would have to update the name whenever the a value that is covered by such a placeholder changes for the current encoder. It wouldn't be complicated to implement, but it would require changes for each of the existing encoders and any potentially new encoder. (one more thing to think about whenever a new envoder gets added) -> sounds like a lot of changes and hassle

Cu Selur

Selur wrote:

No, atm. that isn't possible. (side note: the report file option might be interessting)

"Report file option"? What's that? I can't seem to find it...

As for the implementation, thanks for explaining the constraints and I completely understand your reasoning smile

'Config->Internals->Create report file' (enable before processing jobs)

Create report file:
Enabling this will Hybrid cause to create a short report file with some general processing infos next to each file created with Hybrid.

Side note:
Does not hold any infos which are not included in the debug output, so it's not needed or helpful for debugging.

Cu Selur