Topic: Crash when using AVIsynth Interframe on RYZEN CPU

Hello, I use Hybrid for a few weeks and all that went well (Core i7, Toshiba laptop). I change pc (AMD RYZEN 7 1700X) and now with the same configuration of Hybrid = crash. The problem is this product when converting 30fps -> 60fps using Avisynth, interframe only. If I encode only in X265 no problem.
I wonder if the AMD RYZEN architecture is well supported or is it due to the FMA3 bug?

I attach the Debug file

I tried to find a program like this one, Hybrid is really at the top, I hope a solution can be found!
thank you in advance

Re: Crash when using AVIsynth Interframe on RYZEN CPU

Doubt that it is related to a Ryzen specifc problem, since I use a 1800x.

Looking at the debug output:

E:\Hybrid\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_17_02_17_5010.avs: Cannot allocate memory

the avisynth script itself looks okay:

SetMemoryMax(1536)
SetMTMode(5,16) # change MT mode
LoadCPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\ffms2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\svpflow1.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\svpflow2.dll")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\avisynthPlugins\InterFrame2.avsi")
# loading source: E:\Hybrid\YUN00001.mp4
#  input luminance scale pc
FFVideoSource("E:\Hybrid\YUN00001.mp4",cachefile="E:\Hybrid\Temp\17_02_17_5010.ffindex")
# current resolution: 3840x2160
SetMTMode(2) # change MT mode
InterFrame(GPU=true,NewNum=60,NewDen=1,OverrideAlgo=23,Cores=32)
distributor()
return last

but my guess is the 'Cores=32' is causing avisynth trying to allocate to much memory. (keep in mind that Avisynth is 32bit)
=> either use Vapoursynth, which is probably a better choice for your Ryzen, since:
a. it scales better in regard of the core count
b. it's only limited by the RAM on your system

or stick with Avisynth and use another core count ('Cores'; default is 0 which translates to 2xlogical core count). smile

Cu Selur

Thanks for your reply, I just try with 4 or 8 core, the result is the same ...
Ok to try Vapoursynth but how to proceed...?
Thank you

a. another thing you can tr with avisynth is to edit the FilteringModelDefaults.xml file in your settings folder and change:

<HybridData value="2" name="mtModeInterframe"/>

to:

<HybridData value="5" name="mtModeInterframe"/>

b. to use Vapoursynth, read: http://forum.selur.de/post14347.html#p14347

Cu Selur

Hello after several try I can not encode either in h265, nor with vapoursynth with the latest version of hybrid. So I use version 2017.03.26.1, and I can roughly encode with the same option, but I have to leave the vapoursynth option "overwrite alg." on "none" otherwise CRASH...

Will look into it, also when you use the GPU, make sure your cpu has enough RAM,...

Also does the Avisynth Preview / Vapoursynth Preview work, or does it show an error?
(for me Vapoursynth Preview shows 'SVSmoothFps: unable to init GPU-based renderer - code 255')

Send you a link to a dev version which should fix the crash when you change  "overwrite alg." while using Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur

Also read a bit more about SVP and it seems like whether the GPU support works or not depends a lot on the drivers of the graphic card. Their forum is full with folks reporting that driver version XY isn't working with SVP.

Cu Selur

Hello it works much better with this version! Thank you ! A last question is it possible to "paste" several files of the same format to form only one output? Thank you

No, concatenation of inputs isn't supported atm. and not planned for the forseeable future.

Cu Selur

'SVSmoothFps: unable to init GPU-based renderer - code 255'

Was fixed for my by reinstalling the drivers. According to the SVP developers it often happens that after a major Windows update, one has to reinstall the graphic card drivers manually for SVP to work again with the GPU.

Cu Selur

I can even encode with the option GPU without problem(It takes longer but it improves the image quality ?) Is it possible to remove the artifacts because there are many on the "vertical stripes" when using vapoursynth>other>frame interpolation as in the picture Attached ?

Thank you

Post's attachments

sc.jpg, 154.7 kb, 788 x 870
sc.jpg 154.7 kb, 17 downloads since 2017-04-19 

Can you send me a, preferably small, sample to reproduce the issue?
And what does your Vapoursynth script look like?

Cu Selur

I want to convert 4K video files at 50 mbps H264 of an actioncam, to  h265 format and increase the framerate from 30 fps to 60 and having the best quality possible. There's so much option in Hybrid that it's hard to find the best setting.

I will try to create a sample file of small size but I will reduce the resolution because a few seconds video already represents several Mb

vapoursynth script :

# Imports
import os
import sys
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = 'C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/FrameFilter/Interframe/svpflow2_vs64.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/FrameFilter/Interframe/svpflow1_vs64.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
# Import scripts
import havsfunc as havsfunc
# Loading E:\Hybrid\TEST\YUN00001.mp4 using LibavSMASHSource
clip = core.lsmas.LibavSMASHSource(source="E:/Hybrid/TEST/YUN00001.mp4")
# making sure input color matrix is set as 709
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709")
# making sure input color range is set to PC (0-255) scale.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=0)
# adjusting frame count with Interframe/SVP
clip = havsfunc.InterFrame(clip, NewNum=59940, NewDen=1000, OverrideAlgo=2)
# Output
clip.set_output()

I will try to create a sample file of small size but I will reduce the resolution because a few seconds video already represents several Mb

As long as this still allows me to reproduce the effect a low resolution is fine. (please check that you can still reproduce the issue before you upload the sample anywhere wink)

Also have you tried whether the problem also occurs when you use another 'overwrite Alg.'-value ?

Cu Selur

I want to try other values in "overwrite ALG" but I have no idea what to put from how much to how much I can try? And what is the use of this option?
thank you

In overwrite alg i already try the 4 option disponible. It only affects the fluidity. But I have not tried to change the option "overwrite aera"

btw. if you are interested I can share my current dev version which also allows to use mvtools (FlowFPS, BlockFPS) for frame rate interpolation.

Cu Selur

Yes, I'm interested! smile I can not put the samples what is the maximum size per file? I have to go through an external host? thank you !

External host is probably the best (may be I should think about setting up an owncloud or something like that for the future), if you put it into a google drive size doesn't really matter since the download is fast (got a 100MBit download).  But I normally prefer small samples since this way it doesn't really matter where I download the file from. wink

Cu Selur

Ps.: will send you a link to the dev version in a few minutes.