Re: "Subtitle file is 0Bytes" Crash with multiple sources

I can try to make one, but the problem is it happens with every mkv with subtitles, and only when they are dropped in as batches.  If I do it one at a time, it's not a problem.

with every mkv with subtitles, and only when they are dropped in as batches.  If I do it one at a time, it's not a problem.

you mean for you this only happens for you  if you have multiple inputs that are dropped into Hybrid or do you mean it happens when you use 'all subtitles' or something else,..?

53 (edited by Ranmacanada 2017-04-24 16:40:19)

When I select a bunch of mkv's, if they have subtitles, it will 0 value a bunch of the subs on extraction. 

And like smithinger44 it only happens when I select the Global profile.  If I set everything up manually before I drop the files into place, then everything works perfectly fine.

As a work around I just set everything up manually, then set it as the default profile and apparently it works perfectly fine.

This works for me.

so this happens only when you load a global profile before you load the mkvs? strange.

Confused,..
I asked whether calling:

"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\mkvextract.exe" tracks "E:\Anime\Dragonball Super\Dragon Ball Super - 01x01 - The Peace Prize. Wholl Get the 100 Million Zeny!.mkv" 2:"L:\PS3\Coulters\Dragon Ball Super - 01x01 - The Peace Prize. Wholl Get the 100 Million Zeny!_id_2_lang_und_default.ass"

also shows the problem and you replied "Yes I can reproduce the issue every single time."

Now you write that it only happens if you load a global profile,...

-> these two statements don't seem to match together,..

I do apologize as I attempted to follow your troubleshooting as you had with smither to try to get further into what was causing the issue.   

So yes it does appear to only happen when the global profile is used.  If I do not load a global profile set for nvenc, the subs work as per normal.  If I load a global profile, the subs come out as 0.

I have currently set nvenc as the default with all the settings I want, and I currently have no issues with the subs coming up as 0 bytes. 

For me, this issue is resolved in that I have found a way to make it work.  For me, that is good enough.  If you do want more assistance in reproducing the issue I will be at your disposal.  So abuse me if you will.  I know this can be frustrating.  Heck I'd even let you teamviewer in if you wanted.

Can you extract the subtitles from the attached file?
I assume you do the following:
1. Start Hybrid
2. load your Global profile
3. load the source
or are you doing something else?

Cu Selur

Post's attachments

Attachment icon subtitleTest.7z 7.58 mb, 19 downloads since 2017-04-24 

Again: Does the call from above properly create the output files or not?

Going to bed now. If may be it would help me to reproduce the issue if:
a. you could provide me with a copy of your Global profile.
b. you could answer the question I posted in the last few posts
- Can you extract the subtitles from the attached file?
-  are you doing something else?
- Does the call from above properly create the output files or not?

Cu Selur

Because it is one file, yes.  If I use multiple mkv files, then no.  1 mkv file will not cause an issue, but if I drag more than 1 at a time, then it will cause issues. 
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av9mqCFHIrV5xEc_lhheZOw3369V

here are some smaller ones  you can try, that I know I had issues with.  I have tried reproducing this and I can only reproduce it when loading the global profile.  If I set everything up manually, or as I have done now, set everything up as I want as the default, then it will not error out.  It only produces 0 byte files when I load the global profile.

61 (edited by Selur 2017-04-25 06:03:23)

Downloading the files, will look into it after work. -> got the files
Can you also share with me the Global Profile you load?

Cu Selur

Small update:

What I did:

• Reset Hybrid (just to make sure one of my personal settings isn't preventing/causing the problem).

• Set Config->Path Input/Output/Temp Path.

• Saved the defaults (Config->Defaults->Save->All->Save selected)

• Closed Hybrid and started it up again.

• Enable automativ Subtitle passthrough (Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Subtitle)

• Saved settings as new Global Profile (Config->Profiles->Global profile->Save global profile).

• Closed Hybrid and started it up again.

• Loaded the new Global profile I just created. (Config->Profiles->Global profile->Apply global profile)

• Dragged&Dropped the three files you shared

Hurray! I got the error message, strange thing is the files were created,..
-> Looking into it.

Cu Selur

@Ranmacanada: send you a link to a new dev version for testing which might fix the issue (reinitialized the subtitle extractor after loading the global profile)

I would like to report back that after extensive testing, the issue appears to have been resolved with your new dev version smile

Thank you for your patience.

Happy the issue is resolved.
Thanks for the feedback.

Cu Selur