Topic: Curiosities: MediaInfo output (Length indication in Hybrid)

Just wanted to share this curiosity:

Since someone 'complained' to me that Hybrid indicates another length for Audio/Video and Container, but no A/V delay I
did check where the length info for each stream come from in Hybrid. Not really surprised, I saw the length info for each stream normally comes from the MediaInfo-analysis of this stream.

To make sure Hybrid didn't mess something up I analyzed a source using:

mediainfo -full "path to source"

and got the following infos:

Container:  -> Duration                                 : 02:44:34.530
Video:      -> Duration                                 : 02:44:32.905
Audio #1    -> Duration                                 : 02:44:33.856 (Delay relative to video 0)
Audio #2    -> Duration                                 : 02:44:33.888 (Delay relative to video 0)
Audio #3    -> Duration                                 : 02:44:33.888 (Delay relative to video 0)
Audio #4    -> Duration                                 : 02:44:33.888 (Delay relative to video 0)
Audio #5    -> Duration                                 : 02:44:33.888 (Delay relative to video 0)
Audio #6    -> Duration                                 : 02:44:33.888 (Delay relative to video 0)
Audio #7    -> Duration                                 : 02:44:33.888 (Delay relative to video 0)
Audio #8    -> Duration                                 : 02:44:33.888 (Delay relative to video 0)
Audio #9    -> Duration                                 : 02:44:33.888 (Delay relative to video 0)

complete output: http://pastebin.com/3QNVbPmS

Looking at this the delay between the inicated length of the audio and video streams is rather large (maximum of 3856 - 2905 = 951ms). Since remuxing the stream (extracting streams and remuxing streams to mkv) didn't show any asynchronism, I think it's save to conclude, that:

a. Hybrid didn't make a mistake (it just reports the infos it grabs from the MediaInfo output)
b. The difference in length seems only to be a cosmestic problem (seems to be only a header 'problem')
c. the only relevant delay info is the 'Delay relative to video' info.

Cu Selur