Topic: Avisynth MT mod

There's a new Version (AviSynthMT 2.6 min mod 4) over at http://www.snovidenie.com/plugins/misc/ which ran fine through me first tests (simply replace the avisynth.dll inside all the Hybrid folder and it's subfolders with the new avisynth.dll) and seemed faster than the normal Avisynth MT that comes with Hybrid.

-> So would be nice to know it behaves for others. (if nobody has problems with it I'm thinking about including it into the next release of Hybrid)

Cu Selur

Ps.: there's also a post about it over at Doom9

Re: Avisynth MT mod

I was going to try it, but, from what I can tell, his download links are gone, at least at this time.

worked when I posted the link sad
-> posted over @doom9 to let the author of the mod to make sure the author knows

I have been using his mod 2 to play videos at x2 framerate with SmoothVideoProject for some time now. It always got me the smoothest playback and seeks with the fewest crashes and stutter of all AviSynth versions i tried.

Sadly he seems to have deleted his posts on Doom9 and doesn't seem likely to come back over there. If anyone could link me to (mirrors of) his mods 3 and(/or) 4, i'd appreciate it.

I also tried using his mod 2 with Hybrid (2016.4.10) on a couple of high resolution HEVC encoding experiments some months back, it always ended up being the x265.exe encoder that ran into memory problems, usually at the last 3rd of the encode.

don't think I got any of the mods somewhere since for some sources they always produced random image freezes,.. (encoding ran through without a problem, but somewhere during the clip a scene would get stuck for a few seconds)

6 (edited by Nuihc88 2016-10-04 04:06:28)

Selur wrote:

don't think I got any of the mods somewhere since for some sources they always produced random image freezes,.. (encoding ran through without a problem, but somewhere during the clip a scene would get stuck for a few seconds)

If it's not too much to ask; Recuva (link to Portable version) might be able to recover any deleted copies from your hard drive(s), as long as there is lots of free space or not a whole lot of daily disk write activity.

BTW, did the image freeze issue affect mod 2 as well?

PS. I think i encountered a similar image freeze issue while i was playing files with some damaged frames.
Using SVP's "Variable frame rate repair" & Turning "Aggressively trim working set" file header On in the player executable (using CFF Explorer) both seemed to unstuck it quicker, while switching to LAV Splitter essentially fixed the problem for me. If the freeze issue you are describing also affected undamaged files, it's probably an entirely different problem though.

Encountered the image freeze with different decoders (no filtering) whenever I used the MT mod versions. Input file worked when using the normal MT version.

Checked my currently used hdds and none has the MT mod version still on it.

Cu Selur

8 (edited by Nuihc88 2016-10-06 16:36:13)

Selur wrote:

Encountered the image freeze with different decoders (no filtering) whenever I used the MT mod versions. Input file worked when using the normal MT version.

Ok, good to know.

Selur wrote:

Checked my currently used hdds and none has the MT mod version still on it.

Ok, thanks for giving it a shot.

Luckily, i was at least able to find copies of mods: 1 (at archive.org) & 4 (at mod16.org), which just leaves mod 3, which hopefully won't be as glitchy as mod 4.

The speed increase with mod 4 over mod 2 is definitely there, but recovery from frame drops is as slow as with other non-SVP builds and it is very glitch-prone even compared to regular builds, which isn't all that surprising considering the author said mod 4's cache code hadn't been properly tested yet.* (* = Google cache of 'AviSynth MT mods' thread - page 3)

Anyway, i have a few more leads to follow up on. If (or when) i find all the mods i'll post (or edit in) a download link here for anyone interested as this page seems to be coming up the most while searching for these mods.

I have been unable to track down Mod 3, which i've been told is as buggy as Mod 4, but here are my copies of Mods 1, 2 & 4 -[Download]- for anyone who wants to try them.

10 (edited by Nuihc88 2017-01-14 01:58:27)

Good news! Found 'AviSynth MT Min Mod 5' binary at: videoartifact.com

I've been testing it for a few hours now and unlike Mod 4, i found this to be quite responsive (fast seek recovery / quick to fill up the frame buffer) and haven't run into any noticeable glitches yet.

With Mod 4 i was able to reliably produce a crash by minimizing the player window, but with Mod 5 this no longer happens.

PS. found the changelog:

2016-09-03 mod 5
No MT mode 3 exception loop.
Version info mod version.
MT cache constants increased.
MT cache fault_rate locking code is disabled.
Bugfix: wrong cache x2 loop.

The 'wrong cache x2 loop' bug might very well have been what was causing the presentation glitches, screen freezes and crash on minimize issue.

Good find. smile
Funny little tool and site. smile Seems like VA is a 'small' frontend for Avisynth filtering.

Cu Selur