Re: Some results from QTGMC & HEVC encoding tests

Ah, I overlooked the 'Source argument format was passed an unsupported type (expected int compatible type but got str)'
Seems like the Vapoursynth version wants an int as format,..

##### int format
Convert the output from whatever it was to the given format. If not specified the best matching output format is used.

-> will have to look at the source code to find some information about what format matches to what int,..

Did you change the settings under Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc by any chance, because normally Hybrid should use LibavSource over FFmpegSource2.

^ No, I haven't touched them. I'm looking at the page now, and the "Prefer LibAvSource over FFMpegSource2" box is unticked. The box below it is ticked, however.

Normally both should be ticked.
Tick it and see if that helps. (will look into FFMS2 in the meantime)

79 (edited by JDiG 2017-02-16 21:41:52)

^ Did that, pressed VPY Preview button and... nothing happened. For quite a long time. I took a look at Log window, and saw this:

"Got unhandled IPC message: Core freed but 3110400 bytes still allocated in framebuffers"

I clicked the VPY Preview button again for some reason, not thinking too clearly. Nothing happened. In Log window another line of text appeared:

"Got unhandled IPC message: Error getting the frame number 0: Resize error 3074: colorspace not present in database"

And while I was looking at those lines of text, the Preview window suddenly popped open. There's no video in it, however. I clicked its timeline, and this popped up in Log window:

"Got unhandled IPC message: Error getting the frame number 11082: Resize error 3074: unrecognized transfer characteristics"

Close Hybrid, reopen it, tick the box and try again

^ It didn't help. Still getting those IPC messages in Log window.

Does the preview work?
What does your script now look like?

83 (edited by JDiG 2017-02-16 21:58:41)

Selur wrote:

Does the preview work?

No, the Preview window opened but there's no video in it.

What does your script now look like?

You mean this?

# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
# Loading Z:\KPOP_DL\170122 COD Asia Championship Final.ts using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="Z:/KPOP_DL/170122 COD Asia Championship Final.ts", format="YUV420P8", cache=0)
# Output
clip.set_output()

Hang on.. it's not using LibAvSource?

No, it is. call looks file to me.

Selur wrote:

No, it is. call looks file to me.

It seems to load LSmashSource. Oh, LibAvSource is part of the same .dll?

Oh, LibAvSource is part of the same .dll?

Yes. smile