1 (edited by Kaka32 2017-04-01 16:36:46)

Topic: AVSViewer

Hello,

I was playing arround MKVCutter and I saw a program called AVSViewer.

I was trying to open AVS files with it, found out that just with : avsviwer.exe script.avs it was working, I was wondering if there was any other parameters for the program ?

Like choosing the first frame to show, like : avsviewer.exe script.avs --start 150 and then the first frame would be the 150
or to change video preview size (I think you can twist it with the avs script, with the width and height of the video)

Thank you for your time on thoses tools

Have a nice day

Re: AVSViewer

Hi,
avsViewer is a small helper program I hacked together quite a while ago.
If there's interest in it I could share the source code. (C++, Qt based) 

Options:

• --input "Path to an .avs file", for example: --input "c:\test\my.avs"
    Specifies the file avsViewer should show

• --aspect PAR_of_the_source, for example: --aspect 1.7777
    PAR_of_the_source is expected to be a double value
    This sets the pixel aspect ratio of the source.

• --cutsupport=true
    enabled the cutting selection and processing of '--cuts' (probably not useful in normal usage)

• --cuts=List_of_comma_separated_ranges, in example: --cuts=1-10#200-900
    This will add cut entries to the cut list and adjust the markings accordingly.

• --listen=ipcID
    IPC communication channel and id I use in other tools (for example 'MKV Cutter' and 'Hybrid' to communicate with the program.

As you can see atm. there is no command line parameter to start preview at a specific frame, since I didn't see any usage scenario for it.
Like I wrote I could share the source code if you are interested.
I could modify avsViewer to support specifying a start frame. (atm. avsViewer always start at frame 0)

Cu Selur

Hi,

I'm interested by the program, even though I don't really know C++ well.

Thoses options doesn't seems to be available in the version of the program I curently have, like "--input" it tries to open "--input" as my avs file...

What does --listen=ipcID, how can we manipulate it ?

And if doesn't bother you, I'd be glad to be able to choose the first frame it'd be great.
Other functions like jumping 100 frames forward or backward would be better to be created inside the program that integrete AVSViewer or in AVSViewer itself ?

What does --listen=ipcID, how can we manipulate it ?

Unless you use Qt and it's IPC interface inside another application it's not useful at all. Since you don't know C++, just ignore that option. smile

Other functions like jumping 100 frames forward or backward would be better to be created inside the program that integrete AVSViewer or in AVSViewer itself ?

There is already functionality for that,... Next to the 'Backward'- and 'Forward'-buttons you can set how many frames should be jumped,...

---

Attached an avsViewer build (and all the dependencies) which supports:
--startFrame X as parameter.

Cu Selur

Post's attachments

Attachment icon avsViewer_startFrame.7z 5.08 mb, 47 downloads since 2017-04-02 

Wahoo thank you so much you're really fast smile

I'm gonna take a look at it when I get home.

Thank you very much again !!