Re: "Subtitle file is 0Bytes" Crash with multiple sources

Please do! big_smile
(got all my Win10 installs already updated to the creators update)

Cu Selur

Your "fixed" version gives no errors, but also extracts subtitles only partially (Doesn't stop randomly. All parts of subs that it extracts are complete).
My laptop chokes on the amount of data tongue
It will take me a while.

but also extracts subtitles only partially

That is definitely strange, the calls looked fine and I checked the files here. No problems, all subtitles are complete.
Does this happen only for some files ? Is this reproducible ?

29 (edited by smithinger44 2017-04-17 17:41:58)

On my laptop:

• Installed the app

• Moved my global config from PC to Laptop

• Opened the app

• Selected the global setting and applied it

• Added 4-5 videos

• Preparation started

• The app is now hung on 2nd source (No errors, just "No response")

-> No idea WTF is going on

No idea either. Would need a debug output to know where Hybrid is stuck exactly. smile

31 (edited by smithinger44 2017-04-17 17:53:50)

On my PC:

• Added your files

• Opened the program

• Loaded old Global Profile

• Added Input Files

• Initial processing went incredibly quickly

• Subs for first source were extracted fine

• Subs for later sources had 1->15kB of size

Debug from my laptop incoming

Like I said: No clue.
Like the debug output should show Hybrid simply calls mkvextract for the different sources.
-> you could try whether it helps to use an older mkvtoolnix version as basis. (simply download an older mkvtoolnix portable version and extract mkvextract, mkvmerge and mkvinfo into the Hybrid folder)

Cu Selur

33 (edited by smithinger44 2017-04-17 18:02:06)

LoL.
Hybrid on my laptop creates some huge .sub files (Like 3MB yikes)

For some reason the same config now creates .sub and .idx as addition to .srt

3 MB isn't large for a .sub file assuming it's for a whole movie,...
(.sub files are image not text based and thus normally alot larger than text based subtitles,..)

For some reason the same config now creates .sub and .idx as addition to .srt

Different files, different subtitle formats -> different subtitle formats get extracted,..

35 (edited by smithinger44 2017-04-17 18:14:19)

Laptop Debug after hang
I'm trying to convert the same files I've already converted on my PC. It means that all of them should be SRT (At least that's what my PC was doing)

After hang? Last thing in the debug output is Hybrid switching to audio stream '1 - en' of  "F:\Video\Movies\1080p\pl-subs\American History X 1080p\American History X (1998) 1080p BluRay 5.1Ch x265 HEVC SUJAIDR (1).mkv",... not really something where it should hang,.. May be creating a debug output with a higher debug output level will show some more.

The program hanged the moment it was done with 2nd source (American history X is 3rd).
Subtitles for 1st source were complete, but for 2nd one are still open when the program hangs.
I can't close the program in any way (Even by Force), if I restart the Laptop I can't delete the subs from my PC, but I can from the Laptop (Which means they were still open when the program stopped responding)

What? You restarted the laptop and something still has write access to it? -> Try disabling your Anti Virus Software.

No. It's how SMB works.
There was no "DISABLE ACCESS LOCK" sent to it, because I've had to force close the laptop.
So I can only modify these files from my laptop (because the program that was accessing it was "force closed" there is no one to take off that LOCK)

It only means that Hybrid was still using those files when I closed it (which was quite a few minutes after the hang)

Strange thing is that this never happened here and I regularly use samba shares (for ages).

41 (edited by smithinger44 2017-04-17 18:32:44)

At first I was restarting my SMB server app tongue
But then I realised one day what's going on, so now I'm used to it (But yeah, stuff like that doesn't happen often. Only with some major crashes)

It's just to prevent other machine from deleting an open file. Maybe there is some option in SAMBA config to disable it.

On-Topic:
For now I've set all the settings manually, added all the files and everything seems to be going smoothly.
After one batch is done I'll just adjust the settings and add new files without closing the app.

My guess atm. is that there sometimes is a problem with mkvtoolnix and samba. So as a workaround you could use a local directory as output dir.

Cu Selur

43 (edited by smithinger44 2017-04-17 23:30:39)

The issue has nothing to do with SAMBA because it occurs no matter what output directory I choose (If it's local or remote)

Okay, Does this only happen for a specific file?
Can't reproduce the issues with the files I use here.
So could it be an issue with your input?

Cu Selur

Ps.: got any small file which allows to reproduce the issue? (Could look into it some more today, once I'm back from work, assuming you can share a file where this happens.)

If I can chime in, I have this issue as well.  Using the creator's update, and using local files, not network drives.  If I batch grab files and drop them in, the subs become 0 bytes.  If I do them 1 at a time, it's not an issue at all.

Is the source also a mkv file?

-> I need details,...

47 (edited by Ranmacanada 2017-04-24 05:09:10)

Selur wrote:

Is the source also a mkv file?

-> I need details,...

Yes it is also with mkv files.

When you manually call:

"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\mkvextract.exe" tracks "E:\Anime\Dragonball Super\Dragon Ball Super - 01x01 - The Peace Prize. Wholl Get the 100 Million Zeny!.mkv" 2:"L:\PS3\Coulters\Dragon Ball Super - 01x01 - The Peace Prize. Wholl Get the 100 Million Zeny!_id_2_lang_und_default.ass"

do you get any error messages?
Can you reproduce the issue? (meaning: Does it have the same effect that not all subtitles get extracted ?)

Cu Selur

Selur wrote:

When you manually call:

"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\mkvextract.exe" tracks "E:\Anime\Dragonball Super\Dragon Ball Super - 01x01 - The Peace Prize. Wholl Get the 100 Million Zeny!.mkv" 2:"L:\PS3\Coulters\Dragon Ball Super - 01x01 - The Peace Prize. Wholl Get the 100 Million Zeny!_id_2_lang_und_default.ass"

do you get any error messages?
Can you reproduce the issue? (meaning: Does it have the same effect that not all subtitles get extracted ?)

Cu Selur

Yes I can reproduce the issue every single time.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av9mqCFHIrV5xEPiAqkvcgA7mkga

These are the error windows that hybrid pops up.

I've attached a new debug to go with the error windows

Got a small sample file I could share with the mkvextract developer which allows to reproduce the issue?