Topic: multi-segment BDs

Hello,

If I select from the mpls selector window a multi-segment playlist including e.g. 3 pcs of m2ts, will the main window show the duration for the 1st m2ts in the playlist or for the whole playlist?
What does title mean in this multi-segment BD case (not DVD)? Each title represents 1 pc of m2ts?
I am asking such things because after selecting the main playlist (movie including 3 pcs of m2ts files) the chapter number seemed to be OK for the complete playlist but the duration was too short (maybe that one related to only the first m2ts in the playlist) in main window.

Thank you.

Re: multi-segment BDs

If I select from the mpls selector window a multi-segment playlist including e.g. 3 pcs of m2ts, will the main window show the duration for the 1st m2ts in the playlist or for the whole playlist?

Main-tab should show the length of the current playlist (.mpls, which might consists of multiple items, .m2ts files).

What does title mean in this multi-segment BD case (not DVD)? Each title represents 1 pc of m2ts?

One of the inputs (in this case a playlist). Whenever you select multiple inputs as source, each input is addressed as a title. (same for dvd/blu-ray/batch-input)

I am asking such things because after selecting the main playlist (movie including 3 pcs of m2ts files) the chapter number seemed to be OK for the complete playlist but the duration was too short (maybe that one related to only the first m2ts in the playlist) in main window.

-> probably a wrong playlist or something causes Hybrid to have problems with the analysis. (worked here, last time I tested it)

Cu Selur

3 (edited by mparade 2017-05-09 18:39:47)

Selur wrote:

Main-tab should show the length of the current playlist (.mpls, which might consists of multiple items, .m2ts files).

One of the inputs (in this case a playlist). Whenever you select multiple inputs as source, each input is addressed as a title. (same for dvd/blu-ray/batch-input)

-> probably a wrong playlist or something causes Hybrid to have problems with the analysis. (worked here, last time I tested it)

Cu Selur

The video encoding is at 111% at the moment. If only the analysis was faulty, the encode would surely stop at ~137% (at the end of the playlist).
The display of the length of audio is right for the entire playlist, anyway.
I will report back soon. Hoping only the analysis and display of infos are faulty.

Might be, since you chose not to share any details I can't help other than keeping my fingers crossed. smile

Selur wrote:

Might be, since you chose not to share any details I can't help other than keeping my fingers crossed. smile

The encode seems to be successful. All number of frames of the mpls has been encoded. Your fingers having kept crossed helped a lot. smile
Later today I will post more info (from my workplace).

first line of that log:

This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!

7 (edited by mparade 2017-05-10 19:03:33)

Selur wrote:

first line of that log:

This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!

I thought it would serve you more information about the problem....

So, MPLSSelector tells the playlist has a duration of 01:59:44.176 (which is correct).
Encoded number of frames is correct as well according to the log file.
After importing the playlist Hybrid tells the duration is 01:27:48 (this is the duration of the first m2ts inside the playlist!).

Please find the debug output as an attachement.

Some more info: the encode went over 100%, finished at 137% and encoded the whole playlist.
After reaching 100% the estimated file size has become faulty, even though the current bitrate and speed counter seemed to be OK.

will look at it tomorrow

Selur wrote:

will look at it tomorrow

The same happened to this BD as well:

MPLSSelector tells the playlist has a duration of 01:34:12.229 (which is correct).
After importing the playlist Hybrid tells the duration is 01:24:38 (this is the duration of the first m2ts inside the playlist!).
Please find the debug output as an attachement.
I am sure that here the encode would go over 100% again, finishing at ~112% and Hybrid would encode the whole playlist.

What is the output of:

"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\mediainfo.exe" --Language=en --LogFile="C:\Users\Bogárdi Mátyás\AppData\Local\Temp\mediaInfoLog.txt" "--Full" "D:\BD-50\2D\MERIDA A BATOR\BRAVE\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00803.mpls"

because according to the log MediaInfo reports:

Duration                                 : 1 h 24 min
Duration                                 : 1 h 24 min 38 s 657 ms
Duration                                 : 01:24:38.657
Duration                                 : 01:24:39;22
Duration                                 : 01:24:38.657 (01:24:39;22)

which Hybrid then takes as the length. smile

Cu Selur

Ps.: my guess atm. is that MediaInfo changed the way it outputs data for mpls input, will try to look into it later.

Selur wrote:

What is the output of:

"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\mediainfo.exe" --Language=en --LogFile="C:\Users\Bogárdi Mátyás\AppData\Local\Temp\mediaInfoLog.txt" "--Full" "D:\BD-50\2D\MERIDA A BATOR\BRAVE\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00803.mpls"

because according to the log MediaInfo reports:

Duration                                 : 1 h 24 min 38 s 657 ms
Duration                                 : 01:24:38.657
Duration                                 : 01:24:39;22
Duration                                 : 01:24:38.657 (01:24:39;22)

which Hybrid then takes as the length. smile

Cu Selur

Ps.: my guess atm. is that MediaInfo changed the way it outputs data for mpls input, will try to look into it later.

The output is attached.

Yes, the way the data is reported changed.
-> will adjust Hybrid in a few days (no time atm. due to a family emergency)

Cu Selur

Selur wrote:

Yes, the way the data is reported changed.
-> will adjust Hybrid in a few days (no time atm. due to a family emergency)

Cu Selur

Thank you in advance for the support. Made some donation to feel better. smile

14 (edited by mparade 2017-05-18 18:31:32)

Here is the required 9 level DebugOutput for the source analysis.

Thanks

16 (edited by mparade 2017-05-18 21:50:07)

Here is the DebugOutput for:

"it hopefully fixes the length detection".

It did not fix this source.

MPLSSelector tells the playlist has a duration of 01:36:37.624 (which is correct).
After importing the playlist Hybrid tells the duration is 00:00:44 (this is the duration of the first m2ts inside the playlist!).

According to the log the detected length is now 01:36:37.612 which is indicated by MediaInfo for the container for 00104.mpls. (Note that you previously used another playlist)
-> don't see any issue

Selur wrote:

According to the log the detected length is now 01:36:37.612 which is indicated by MediaInfo for the container for 00104.mpls. (Note that you previously used another playlist)
-> don't see any issue

No, I am using the same playlist permanently because of a simple fact: that one is in my language, so simply there is no reason to change the playlist for you and make your life more difficult. smile

At the beginning of the thread you used "D:\BD-50\2D\MERIDA A BATOR\BRAVE\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00803.mpls" not you use "D:\BD-50\2D\FEL!\HELIUM_D1_GBR\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00104.mpls" -> different blu-ray and playlist,...

20 (edited by mparade 2017-05-18 22:32:45)

Selur wrote:

At the beginning of the thread you used "D:\BD-50\2D\MERIDA A BATOR\BRAVE\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00803.mpls" not you use "D:\BD-50\2D\FEL!\HELIUM_D1_GBR\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00104.mpls" -> different blu-ray and playlist,...

Oh, I see. For sure, because on my different machines I have different sources. What I have on one I do not have on the other. One of them is at home, the other is at my workplace. I thought you were refering to different playlists on the same BD. That thing would have been impossible. I try to focus only on these two BD-s to avoid messing you up.