Topic: Tip: add WebUI or Hybrid Remote Control

One option would be very welcome to Hybrid would be the inclusion of a Remote Control (WebUI). Hybrid Power access remotely through a web browser, one possibility would be quite advantageous.

Re: Tip: add WebUI or Hybrid Remote Control

I'll up it on the 'think about'-list, but I don't think that I will implement something like a web or remote control any time soon.
a. because it's a lot of work
b. because I don't like to think about all the security implications

Personally I would use h264enc or similar script tools on a linux machine and write a small Web interface for it.

Cu Selur

There is a programmer developing a plugin for rutorrent encoder with ffmpeg, WebUI working with rtorrent, which has similar principle to h264enc (prompt).

http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=3958.0

Good to know if I ever use rutorrent and plan to encode automatically.

Today there is a very large convergence to perform tasks remotely via SSH or HTML. Dedicated servers use a lot of these convenient tools that make the user feel close to a device that is thousands of miles away from him. The rutorrent WebUI and its various plugins is one example.

I would like to add to this request. A web interface for the Hybrid would be very welcome ... but I imagine that is not an easy task to develop it. Better yet, Selur, if a Web interface to the command prompt, type h264enc, as you suggested, because it would be much lighter (I believe).

The plugin for rutorrent is apparently dead.

Writing a real web frontend allowing all the options Hybrid offers would require A LOT of work and rewriting, don't think that will ever come.

If you simply want to convert all files that end up in a specific folder with one GlobalProfile, try:

• create a global profile which does what you want (Main->Generate needs to be checked and Config->Paths need to be all set)

• save the global profile

• create a misc.ini file, which sets a monitor folder and the global profile you created before
    [General]
    monitorFolder="path to input folder"
    globalProfile="path to global profile"

• start Hybrid with '-autoadd true'

all the steps can be done through ssh.
(creating the global profile is probably easier using a gui smile)

Cu Selur

I was curious about it. Could you detail more on how to work in practice?
The first part of generating a misc.ini I understood. But how could I do this from the command line (SSH)? Could you give a practical example?

The only problematic step is the creation of the global profile, in theory you could write a global profile with nano, but personally I would:
a. create a global profile on another machine (linux/windows/mac if you server is a linux/windows/mac server)
b. copy it to your server
c. open it up in nano and manually edit the tools and bath entries

Other then that is there something unclear (assuming you know your way around scp && ssh it's all rather easy).

Cu Selur

I think u did not understand my question. The issue of misc, I understood the global profile. My question is: doing it the Hybrid will start the encoder whenever a file is added to the folder (monitorFolder = "path to input folder"). Or do I have to start the process via prompt (SSH) with a command line. If this option is true, what is the command line I use to start the process?
2. If the encoder semque misc.ini start a new file is added, my question is: would this work if the source is in mkv, DVDFull, BDFull, etc.. Or not?

10 (edited by Selur 2013-07-17 23:42:53)

what is the command line I use to start the process?

Hybrid -autoadd addAndStart

should work.

If the encoder semque misc.ini start a new file is added, my question is: would this work if the source is in mkv, DVDFull, BDFull, etc.. Or not?

Since both DVD and Blu-Rays need additional selections it will not work for them. (might even do some unexpected stuff)
Personally I would restrict the Input extensions (Config->Misc->Limit Input Extensions) so that only some file types will be processed and all other files will be ignored.

The whole thing is mainly a combination of a bunch of features which Hybrid has,... nothing really 'new' about it other that Hybrid will automatically monitor a folder and set new files as input. The rest is just the command line support. smile

Cu Selur

Ps.: corrected -autoAdd true to -autoAdd addAndStart

Where the file should be saved misc.ini (both Windows and Linux)?

I just read something (http://forum.selur.de/topic33-hidden-hy … tions.html), but referring to create a portable version on Windows.

In Windows I did not find this file.

If I add the shortcut Hybrid (Windows) option-autoadd true, would also work?

see "*hidden* Hybrid options,...->misc.ini location" regarding the location of the misc.ini

Hybrid by default, does not come with a misc.ini since the misc.ini is only intended for some miscellaneous options.
-> so if you want a misc.ini, you have to create one on your own. wink

If I add the shortcut Hybrid (Windows) option-autoadd true, would also work?

yes,..

STOP small correction instead of true you need to use 'addAndStart'
-> Hybrid -autoadd addAndStart