Re: Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj

@djcj: Would be nice if you could compile the next x265 build with dhr10 support.
(needs '-std=gnu+11' bzw. '.std=c++11' and cmake needs to be called with '-DENABLE_DYNAMIC_HDR10=ON ', see: https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x26 … 0-support)

Cu Selur

227 (edited by djcj 2017-04-28 16:39:24)

I will now update the PPA.
By the way, I'm actually thinking of creating a system that will download the needed tools from sourceforge as static or mostly static builds:
https://github.com/darealshinji/hybrid- … tree/tools

Interesting. smile

229 (edited by djcj 2017-04-29 16:41:19)

PPA was updated. The helper tools will now be downloaded from SourceForge. Non-free packages must be installed with the command hybrid-get-nonfree-tools.

djcj wrote:

hybrid-avisynth-extension - The AviSynth extension. It's in a separate package because it depends on wine.

What specific wine should I use to make avisynth start working on ubuntu ?

leque wrote:
djcj wrote:

hybrid-avisynth-extension - The AviSynth extension. It's in a separate package because it depends on wine.

What specific wine should I use to make avisynth start working on ubuntu ?

The default version that will be installed with hybrid-avisynth-extension as a dependency should do it.

Hi DJCJ

After the last update Hybrid does not work anymore on Kubuntu 17.04 converting to Xvid.

Hybrid Log

https://pastebin.com/MYAkks08

Mencoder Log

./mencoder -lavdopts threads=4 -ofps 15.000 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1:turbo:bitrate=900:me_quality=6:quant_type=h263:min_iquant=1:max_iquant=31:min_pquant=1:max_pquant=31:min_bquant=1:max_bquant=31:max_key_interval=250:keyframe_boost=10:kfthreshold=1:kfreduction=20:quant_type=h263:max_bframes=3:bquant_ratio=150:bquant_offset=100:bf_threshold=0:vhq=2:bvhq=1:curve_compression_high=0:curve_compression_low=0:overflow_control_strength=10:max_overflow_improvement=10:max_overflow_degradation=10:trellis:noqpel:nogmc:nocartoon:chroma_opt:chroma_me:nointerlacing:par=ext:par_width=1:par_height=1:noclosed_gop:nopacked:threads=4 -passlogfile "/home/max/Data/temp/avi/tmp/The City of Samba_08_27_22_6010_01.stats" -noskip -vf scale,format=i420,scale=720:406,scale,format=i420 -sws 10 -forcedsubsonly -nosub -nosound "/home/max/Video/tmp/The City of Samba.mp4" -o /dev/null
MEncoder SVN-r37928-snapshot-4.8 (C) 2000-2017 MPlayer Team
-xvidencopts is not an MEncoder option

Exiting... (error parsing command line)

It seems to be a mencoder error on command line

-xvidencopts is not an MEncoder option

Thanks
The Punisher

That normally indicates that mencoder, wasn't compiled with Xvid support.
You will have to wait for djcj for this.

Cu Selur

Mencoder was updated. I had some trouble building it. I hope it's working now.

Mencoder is working again, thanks djcj & selur.

A new bug is here.
mkvinfo doesn't work and can't analyze  a new h.264 HD file.
at the second step mkvextract try to analyze the entire files to recovere the metadata that mkvinfo doesn't find; and failed.
So no more action can be done and the entire xvid conversion process is stopped

A popup report this line "Didn't find a 'Length' info node! -> stream will be ignored"

2 LOG files 1 from the command line and one from the GUI

https://pastebin.com/aPhaUYWP

Thanks

a. Thanks for reminding me to remove all command line output from Hybrid for normal builds.
b. Would have been nice if you had read the start of your second log.

all that aside:

MediaInfo reported: E: File read error

-> my guess is that either there is some access right violation or mediainfo has a bug or the mediainfo version is old,...
-> not a Hybrid bug. Nothing for me to do. smile

Cu Selur

237 (edited by thepunisher 2017-05-06 11:18:05)

I read it; basically i think that all new problem are from the choice to download all the required bin files from an external source.

Before the 17.04 release djcj give us the latest compiled bin files from ppa repository, now from an external source.

This is a djcj decision but I preferred the old method to deliver the required bin files.

See ya

btw. just released a new version,... and the new forum seems to work so far only downside so far is that I haven't found a way to offer an rrs fedd for the updates so far. sad

Just checked the mkvinfo and mediainfo command line tools and they produce normal output. Could the space in your video filename be the problem?

is mediainfo up-to-date? I saw an old bug tracker entry about the same error message,...

MediaInfo is now updated to 0.7.95. MKVInfo is from MKVtoolnix 11.0.0.

Mediainfo are working again, after latest update
TNX djcj

I've added a little convenient script to the package: hybrid-get-tools-sources will download all the latest source packages of the tools from sourceforge. Current size is below 100 MB.

Hey Selur, are you going to move some or all of the topics from this forum to the new one or should I create a new topic there about my PPA?

There's no automated way to migrate the topics, so best create a new thread inside the new forum.

The new topic: https://forum.selur.net/Thread-GUIDE-Ub … ed-by-djcj