Re: Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj

Thanks smile

27 (edited by djcj 2014-10-22 01:04:05)

The Qt 4.6 version will no longer be build?

Yes, I dropped the Qt 4.6 build since I assume no one is using it any more. smile
I can still modify the source and compile Hybrid on such old systems.
Btw. I'll probably release a new version later today or tomorrow.

Cu Selur

Looks fine, but you best give it a try. smile

I made an update. The changes:
* Fix AviSynth detection and create the needed misc.ini file if it's not available.
* hybrid-tools will use update-alternative to install alternative links to aac-enc, flac, flvextract, kvazaar and mediainfo. This way the Hybrid binary will detect all tools on startup.
* removed bdsup2sub++ from hybrid-tools dependencies. Hybrid actually looks for BDSup2Sub.jar and not for the C++ port. The startup script will now automatically download and install BDSup2Sub.jar into ~/.hybrid-bin if Java is available.
* add faac, flac, flvextract and openjdk-7-jre-headless (for BDSup2Sub.jar) to dependencies. Remove vo-aacenc (Hybrid doesn't seem to support it).

Hybrid actually looks for BDSup2Sub.jar and not for the C++ port.

That's a bug, it should normally 1st look for the c++ version and if that one is not available for the java version. smile

Remove vo-aacenc (Hybrid doesn't seem to support it).

Yes, vo-aacenc is only supported when it's compiled into ffmpeg wink

Selur wrote:

Hybrid actually looks for BDSup2Sub.jar and not for the C++ port.

That's a bug, it should normally 1st look for the c++ version and if that one is not available for the java version. smile

Weird. But I guess for now the Java solution will do it. The C++ package is still available in my PPA, so people can manually install and select it.

Remove vo-aacenc (Hybrid doesn't seem to support it).

Yes, vo-aacenc is only supported when it's compiled into ffmpeg wink

My ffmpeg is compiled with '--enable-libvo-aacenc' and Hybrid detects ffmpeg, but vo-aac is not available.

By the way, the Hybrid Linux binaries are all unstripped.

Hybrid detects ffmpeg, but vo-aac is not available.

it's not shown as a separate encoder, it will be used as the default ffmpeg aac encoder instead of the experimental one that comes with ffmpeg.

By the way, the Hybrid Linux binaries are all unstripped.

I know, never really cared about it. smile

Cu Selur

Ps.: also checked, Hybrid first checks for 'bdsup2sub++' and then for 'BDSup2Sub.jar'

Selur wrote:

Ps.: also checked, Hybrid first checks for 'bdsup2sub++' and then for 'BDSup2Sub.jar'

It seems it can find 'bdsup2sub++' only if it's in the same directory but not if it's in /usr/bin. Perhaps an issue with the '++' in the filename?

Will look into it tomorrow.
When looking next to the binary I manually search, otherwise I use 'which' may be I need to use quotes when using '+' with which.
(will check and report back)

Will release a new version tomorrow which will also manually check "/usr/bin", which then hopefully fixes the bdsup2sub++ detection problem. smile

hello,
nice to see that there is a repository for ubuntu !

I have a question though. As ffmpeg is known to have API breakage with newer versions , I wanted to ask if you take that in account when shipping your ffmpeg version.
It would be a pity if other programs of ubuntu stop working because of a too new ffmpeg version installed. Also, if I want to compile an app and it complains about too new ffmpeg symbols or API errors, this would be bad.

It should be possible to install ffmpeg to /opt and link hybrid there via environment variables; does hybrid support using just a statically linked ffmpeg binary?

I know about the issue of libav/ffmpeg in ubuntu, I use jon severinsson's ppa with ffmpeg 1.2, you have 2.4 so I am a bit scared to leave your ppa on as default, as I fear breakage of e.g kdenlive.

38 (edited by djcj 2014-11-01 14:47:58)

rapoostra wrote:

hello,
I have a question though. As ffmpeg is known to have API breakage with newer versions , I wanted to ask if you take that in account when shipping your ffmpeg version.

I just upload new versions whenever a release comes out (2.x branch).

rapoostra wrote:

It would be a pity if other programs of ubuntu stop working because of a too new ffmpeg version installed. Also, if I want to compile an app and it complains about too new ffmpeg symbols or API errors, this would be bad.

I've only encountered trouble with ffmpeg libs being too old.

rapoostra wrote:

It should be possible to install ffmpeg to /opt and link hybrid there via environment variables; does hybrid support using just a statically linked ffmpeg binary?

Yes, you can set the path to ffmpeg in the settings.

rapoostra wrote:

I know about the issue of libav/ffmpeg in ubuntu, I use jon severinsson's ppa with ffmpeg 1.2, you have 2.4 so I am a bit scared to leave your ppa on as default, as I fear breakage of e.g kdenlive.

Normally there shouldn't be any problems if a program is linked against a certain version of a libav library, i.e. libavcodec54 or libavcodec56 and apt installs the library it needs. Otherwise you could try to copy the packages into your own PPA and recompile them.

edit:
The Hybrid Debian package can also be installed manually, it'll automatically download the newest Hybrid binary file.
I guess I could also create a second PPA without ffmpeg if people want that.

@djcj: Small 'heads-up', Hybrid will also support DivX265 on Linux (see: http://labs.divx.com/divx265 , sadly only a 32bit version is available) with the next version. -> Would be nice if you could add DivX265 to the repository. (Should be named 'Divx265' without the version info, so not 'DivX265_1.4.21')

DivX265 is now added. Just like nero and tsmuxer the binary will be downloaded and installed during the package installation.

Thanks!

Small question: Where does the package but the normal Hybrid binary?
I got a user who reported a bug and I wanted to give him a fixed binary for testing, problem is I got no clue what your installer construct does an where the binary is located and thus which binary he needs to replace.

The binary files are saved in $HOME/.hybrid-bin/.

Okay, then simply replacing the binary which is located there with the new Hybrid binary should do the job.
Thanks

I have added a '-no-update' command line option to suppress the search for available updates (might be useful for some people).

46 (edited by djcj 2014-11-21 22:56:27)

Selur wrote:

Got a question, why are there three binaries running after I click 'Hybrid (Qt5)' ?
1. /bin/sh /usr/binhybrid-qt5 -stye=gtk
2. /home/selur/.hybrid-bin/Hybrid-521 -style=gtk
3. tee /home/selur/.hybrid/logs/hybrid-qt521-2014-09-27_18-11-09.log
there should only by one running binary, the Hybrid binary, no other.

I think I'll revert #1 since the behaviour in a shell is just weird.
Open a shell and type in "hybrid -version". Then open /usr/share/hybrid-common/run-hybrid and remove the trailing & after the command that starts the program and try it again.

edit

This is what it looks like if I run 'hybrid -version', then add the trailing & and run it again:

djcj ~ $ hybrid -version
 Hybrid 2014.11.16.1 by Selur
djcj ~ $ sudo nano /usr/share/hybrid-common/run-hybrid 
djcj ~ $ hybrid -version
djcj ~ $  Hybrid 2014.11.16.1 by Selur

djcj ~ $

Okay.

btw. Why are you enforcing the gtk style?

Selur wrote:

Okay.

btw. Why are you enforcing the gtk style?

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141123/ylwk5xdl.png
Above is the one started with '-style=gtk'. This override should not apply to KDE. However, I guess I could remove that since people could still manually run the app with additional commands or switch to the Qt4 version.

Ah okay, just was curious, since it looks fine for me on Kubunut&Ubuntu. smile

Selur wrote:

Ah okay, just was curious, since it looks fine for me on Kubunut&Ubuntu. smile

Does it start with '-style=gtk' for you on KDE? Cause normally it shouldn't.