Re: Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj

I think I know where the problem might be. hybrid-tools has listed hybrid-avisynth-extension as a recommended package. On some systems recommended packages are installed as regular dependencies, which means wine will be installed too. I assume dosbox is among one of the recommended packages of wine or its dependencies?

Anyway, I will move hybrid-avisynth-extension to the suggested packages instead.

To install the package without the recommended packages use this command:

sudo apt-get --no-install-recommends install hybrid

To turn off the installation of recommended packages by default, create or edit the file /etc/apt/apt.conf and add the following contents to it:

APT::Install-Recommends "0";
APT::Install-Suggests "0";

PS: If you want to take a look at the package dependencies:
github.com/darealshinji/hybrid-debian/blob/master/debian/control
github.com/darealshinji/hybrid-avisynth-extension/blob/master/debian/control

djcj, thanks, that did the trick!  I'm pretty sure that Wine was being listed as a primary dependency rather than a recommended package, but since you've altered the repository, I can't recheck.  Not sure about Dosbox either.  All I know is that I had to install it manually to run an emulator, so always presumed it had nothing to do with Wine itself.  No matter, all is (now) well!

Packages are now available for Ubuntu 15.04. For x265 and ffmpeg I don't provide any lib or doc packages since those packages are available by default in 15.04. I only provide the latest ffmpeg and x265 binaries for Hybrid.

djcj can you make repo for debian stable?Or maybe ubuntu repository works for debian?

80 (edited by djcj 2015-04-06 16:58:51)

I can't create Debian repositories on Launchpad. The Ubuntu 14.04 packages might be compatible with Jessie but for Wheezy you might try out the repository at http://www.deb-multimedia.org.

The packages hybrid, hybrid-avisynth-extension, tsmuxer, neroaac and divx265 don't provide binaries but instead they will download them during installation or at first startup. Sources for the packages can be found on Github (switch between branches!): 1, 2.
If you need newer Qt libraries you can download an installer at http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/.

You can get the latest MKVtoolnix at https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvto … tml#debian.
Static binaries of x264 and ffmpeg can be found at http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/ and http://download.videolan.org/pub/videol … /binaries/.

If you're missing something you might have to compile it from source. I hope that did help a bit.

edit:

I took the time and compiled most of the used binaries statically, so they should actually work on most systems:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t785e … d64.tar.xz

Those binaries are: aften dcaenc fdkaac-enc ffmbc ffmpeg flac FLVExtractCL kvazaar lame lsdvd mediainfo mencoder MP4Box mp4fpsmod mplayer oggenc opusenc sox telxcc vpxenc x264 x264-10bit x265 x265-16bit

The binaries that require Qt (bdsup2sub++, delaycut, framecounter) are only linked with static libstdc++ and libgcc.

I've also added a portable version of the flvextract python script and the Hybrid Debian packages, but without the library dependencies.
Anything missing must be downloaded from other sources: Qt4 and Qt5, mkvtoolnix, neroaac and divx265.

updated the topic name and made the topic a 'sticky' smile

The latest update is after breaking things, making Hybrid dependent on Wine again!

When I try encoding a video, I get the error message "Don't know the path of a Wine binary", and it refuses to proceed any further.  Everything worked fine before the update.

BTW, an option to prevent Hybrid auto-updating itself every time it is run (and an update is available) would be very useful.  I'm sure many would prefer to stick with an older stable version, than risk it blitzing itself after updating.

The latest update is after breaking things, making Hybrid dependent on Wine again!

I now, my fault. Forgot a check and thus broke Linux&Mac builds.
-> will release a new version in an hour or so

Regarding the update: No, clue. (don't use the repository on my test machines)

84 (edited by Selur 2015-05-05 06:54:43)

Argh,..  wanted to release a new version, but didn't find the time.
-> new release is planned for tomorrow evening

update:
(won't probably make it today, my SSD where my git repository is located, just died on me,... argh)

omelette wrote:

BTW, an option to prevent Hybrid auto-updating itself every time it is run (and an update is available) would be very useful.  I'm sure many would prefer to stick with an older stable version, than risk it blitzing itself after updating.

Starting hybrid with -no-update will do that. And if you want ot switch back to the previous version replace ~/.hybrid-bin/Hybrid-<QTVER>.old with ~/.hybrid-bin/Hybrid-<QTVER>

djcj wrote:
omelette wrote:

Starting hybrid with -no-update will do that. And if you want ot switch back to the previous version replace ~/.hybrid-bin/Hybrid-<QTVER>.old with ~/.hybrid-bin/Hybrid-<QTVER>

Great, I didn't realise it was that easy!  Good info. smile

I've added some command line options to the startup script to make it easier to control updates and to simplify version rollbacks.
Here's a complete list of all current commands with a description:

SYNOPSIS
       hybrid [options] [<QT options>]
       hybrid-qt5 [options] [<QT options>]

OPTIONS
       --log
              save a log file in ~/.hybrid/logs/

--no-update
              don't check for available updates on startup

--disable-updates
              disable automatic updates

--enable-updates
              enable automatic updates

--rollback
              Switch  back  to  the  previous  version if a backup is available. 
              This disables automatic updates.  A backup of the currently installed version
              is automatically saved in ~/.hybrid-bin/ when upgrading to a new version.

-h, --help
              show usage information

-V, --version
              show the current version and quit

More information is available with "man hybrid" or "man hybrid-qt5".

nice, best edit your first post to either add this info there to or add a link to your post here. smile

Cu Selur

@djcj

I have a Problem on my Kubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Your PPA did not work on my System, fresh install.
Install went fine, but there is no .hybrid-bin folder in my home directory and Hybrid will not start.

Whats wrong, any Ideas ?

I see where the problem is. It's a small mistake I made in the startup script.
Here's the fix: https://github.com/darealshinji/hybrid- … 808674ab40
I'll update the package in the PPA.

@djcj: btw. one x265 binary should be enough now, since 8bit and 10bit are merged together.

Selur wrote:

@djcj: btw. one x265 binary should be enough now, since 8bit and 10bit are merged together.

Hmm... encoding an 8 bit video with a 10 bit build doesn't seem to work for me:

./x265 --output-depth 8 -o test.hevc test.y4m
x265 [warning]: falling back to default bit-depth

There shouldn't be a 10bit and a 8bit build.

cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" ../../source && ccmake ../../source

should create a file which includes both 8bit and 10bit inside one build.
(works fine on mac)

Argh, just tested on linux, seems like there they still separate the builds,... argh.
-> I'll write a workaround to still use x265 and x265-16bit on linux

Can you make a bug report on BitBucket?

Just checked, it only works on Windows, so it is probably intended that way.

Uploaded new Linux binaries (same file names) which should work as before. (uploading now new mac binaries, so in ~ 3min everything should be fine)

Cu Selur

Seems like the new x265/build/linux/multilib.sh is meant for the combined (8&10bit) build on linux.
(will probably add support for it back in the next release)

99 (edited by djcj 2015-06-29 17:02:10)

mkdir -p 8bit 10bit

cd 10bit
cmake ../../../source -DHIGH_BIT_DEPTH=ON -DEXPORT_C_API=OFF -DENABLE_SHARED=OFF -DENABLE_CLI=OFF
make
cp libx265.a ../8bit/libx265_main10.a

cd ../8bit
cmake ../../../source -DEXPORT_C_API=OFF -DENABLE_SHARED=OFF -DENABLE_CLI=ON -DEXTRA_LIB=x265_main10.a -DEXTRA_LINK_FLAGS=-L.
make

So that does the trick, I see. I'll update the x265 package.

edit:

Or should I wait until the next Hybrid release?

Wait until the next release. smile