1 (edited by djcj 2017-05-19 21:20:34)

Topic: Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj

This topic has moved to the new forums => https://forum.selur.net/Thread-GUIDE-Ub … ed-by-djcj

---------------------

First of all, I did not package the Hybrid binary itself, as that would be a licence violation. But I made a package that will download the binary at startup and save it in $HOME/.hybrid-bin/.

To add the ppa type:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:djcj/hybrid
sudo apt-get update

The following packages are available and can be installed with sudo apt-get install xxx :

• hybrid - the actual Hybrid launcher

• hybrid-tools - A package to enable downloads of Hybrid's helper tools. To add non-free packages run hybrid-get-nonfree-tools after installation.

• hybrid-avisynth-extension - The AviSynth extension. It's in a separate package because it depends on wine.

• hybrid-vapoursynth-extension - A meta-package that installs VapourSynth, the VSeditor and a collection of plugins.

• dvdcopy - A bad-sectors resistant DVD-to-disc command-line program. This tool is not used by Hybrid! You have to use it manually if you think it might come in handy.

If an update requires the installation of a new package, use the following commands to upgrade:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade --with-new-pkgs

There are some command line options available:

SYNOPSIS
       hybrid [options] [<QT options>]

OPTIONS
       --log
              save a log file in ~/.hybrid/logs/

--no-update
              don't check for available updates on startup

--disable-updates
              disable automatic updates

--enable-updates
              enable automatic updates

--rollback
              Switch  back  to  the  previous  version if a backup is available. 
              This disables automatic updates.  A backup of the currently installed version
              is automatically saved in ~/.hybrid-bin/ when upgrading to a new version.

-h, --help
              show usage information

-V, --version
              show the current version and quit

More information can be obtained with man hybrid.

If Hybrid doesn't start after an update or if it doesn't recognize AviSynth when it should, you could try to delete the locally installed files (~/.hybrid-bin/ and ~/.hybrid/misc.ini) and let the starter script re-download everything.

Re: Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj

Sounds promising, I will test that out. smile

'free for all' = wrote it myself, don't care what people use it for smile

Okay, first caveat:
The Hybrid package requires opus-tools which requires Ubuntu 13.04+. (just noticed when I tried it on a 12.04 system here)
->will try on a newer system.

Next problem: avconv can't be used on newer systems since it's syntax doesn't match that of ffmpeg anymore and Debian seems to have removed ffmpeg from their normal repositories.
-> Can you add ffmpeg to your repository? (ideally with libbluray&libass build in it)
(+mencoder&mplayer would also be cool, since they are also missing libbluray&libass)

Selur wrote:

'free for all' = wrote it myself, don't care what people use it for smile

Like public domain?

Selur wrote:

Next problem: avconv can't be used on newer systems since it's syntax doesn't match that of ffmpeg anymore and Debian seems to have removed ffmpeg from their normal repositories.
-> Can you add ffmpeg to your repository? (ideally with libbluray&libass build in it)
(+mencoder&mplayer would also be cool, since they are also missing libbluray&libass)

I could do that, but in that case I will move all the stuff into a separate Hybrid repository. I will also fix that dependency thing with opus.

By the way, how often does Hybrid usually get an update? If Hybrid had a "--version" command line option and if I could get the current revision number by downloading a selur.de/version.txt file, I could probably automize the updates.

Like public domain?

yes

By the way, how often does Hybrid usually get an update?

That mainly depends on three things:
a. time I can come up with
b. if a new (serious) problem is reported (and how fast I can fix it and get a feedback from the user)
c. if some new (important) feature change was added
-> so no real update cycle

If Hybrid had a "--version" command line option and if I could get the current revision number by downloading a selur.de/version.txt file, I could probably automize the updates.

I added a http://www.selur.de/sites/default/files … erison.txt and the naming of the Linux downloads is normally:

Hybrid + _ + VERSION_STRING + _ + BITDEPTH + _ + binary + _ + QTVERSION

with:

• VERSION = 140714, for 2014.07.14.1
    and 140714
    VERSION = 140714_X, for 2014.07.14.X when X greater 1

• BITDEPTH = 32bit
    or
    VERSION = 64bit

• QTVERSION = qt46
    or
    QTVERSION = qt48
    or
    QTVERSION = qt521

so for example:
Hybrid_140710_32bit_binary_qt46.zip for 2014.07.10.1
or
Hybrid_140719_3_64bit_binary_qt521 for 2014.07.19.3

I also added a '-version' option to the non-Windows builds, so if you call Hybrid with '-version' you will get a single line output:

Hybrid VERSION by Selur

with VERSION written the same way I to in the version.txt (in example: 'Hybrid 2014.07.14.1 by Selur')

I could do that, but in that case I will move all the stuff into a separate Hybrid repository. I will also fix that dependency thing with opus.

that would be fine smile

Cu Selur

Ps.: I'll always update the version.txt as last item when all the uploads have been finished.

released a new version and updated the version.txt

8 (edited by djcj 2014-07-18 08:59:28)

Debian package with new update system is now available.
By the way, the Linux and OSX download links on the main page are broken. They use "170717" as version string.

Thanks for the update, download links should work now smile
Also added a link to this thread to the download page.

Cu Selur

On the download page I think you should call it "Ubuntu repository" since the packages are build for Ubuntu and might not run on Debian because of dependency issues. This might not be the case for the hybrid packages, but for the dependencies.

11 (edited by Selur 2014-07-27 23:59:50)

Done, btw. will probably release a new version later today.
-> new version is out

12 (edited by djcj 2014-08-06 05:41:29)

version.txt wasn't updated yet.

But I can use this code to get the version too:

wget -q -O - http://forum.selur.de/feed-rss-topic32.xml | perl -ne 'printf qq[%s\n], $1 if m/<strong>([^<]+)<\/strong>/' | sed -e 's/\://' | head -n1 | cut -d' ' -f3

Done, will probably release a new version this eventing. wink

I have added a hybrid-avisynth-extension package. If installed, the Hybrid start-up script will automatically download/update the Avisynth files. They will be saved in $HOME/.hybrid-bin/.

15 (edited by lib3rty1 2014-08-22 14:21:21)

Hi,

I got an problem with ur ppa

got such error:

MEncoder 1.1-4.8 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x38708471
libavformat version 55.48.100 (external)
Mismatching header version 54.6.100

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/992971 might be related,..

Linking mencoder dynamically didn't work properly, so I rebuilt it statically linked against the ffmpeg libs stored in the source package. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

Got a question, why are there three binaries running after I click 'Hybrid (Qt5)' ?
1. /bin/sh /usr/binhybrid-qt5 -stye=gtk
2. /home/selur/.hybrid-bin/Hybrid-521 -style=gtk
3. tee /home/selur/.hybrid/logs/hybrid-qt521-2014-09-27_18-11-09.log
there should only by one running binary, the Hybrid binary, no other.

Would be nice if you could explain why it is necessary to have the other two running?

Cu Selur

#1 should now be fixed by this.
tee is used to save the console output into a log file. Should I make that optional?

yes, please do.

I made an update. Logging can now be activated with -log if needed.

Nice. Btw. do you include two versions of x264 and x265 named x264 and x264-10bit and x265 and x265-16bit?
(user reported that Hybrid was complaining about the x265-16bit missing and I wasn't sure if this is some detection problem or if the repository doesn't include them)

Cu Selur

The x264 package provides /usr/bin/x264 and /usr/bin/x264-10b. I named it x264-10b because that's how the pre-compiled 10bit binaries on x264.nl are named like.
x265 provides /usr/bin/x265 and /usr/bin/x265-10b. I think in the AUR it was called x265-16bit in past, but that seems to be not quite correct: https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x26 … -or-16-bit

high bit depth = calculation precision internal is 16bit, used output precision depends on the settings, by default it's 10bit.

Would be nice if x264-10bit and x265-16bit would be used, since Hybrid will not use them otherwise.
Will tell the users to manually rename the files for the time being.

Cu Selur

I've renamed the binaries to x264-10bit and x265-10bit. x265-16bit is provided through a symbolic link.